Tuesday, February 17, 2009

BACK TO SLC

After Graduation we moved to Idaho and then I figured we would be off to another state after Idaho. I did not expect nor did I want to move back to Utah, let alone so soon. But Jordan now has an internship lined up in Salt Lake. To my dismay I have no resistance, I am so thrilled an emotion I did not think I would have about moving back to Utah.  Now I don't have to stress about getting work off for all the weddings, i can go to the Family reunions, hang out with real friends, and perhaps get a job that actually pays money. 
Infact I already have a job all set up, back at the same place I have been working summers for the last 4 years. I will be leasing apartments again. No, I never needed a degree for that but it surely pays more than my job for which I have a degree. Overall I am excited. And I think Jordan is too. We are getting a sweet deal on rent and yet it is still $200 more per month than we pay in Idaho, There will be a few less than blissful things in SLC but overall we are so excited.

So what do you think, should I wait till April and give my boss just the basic 2 weeks notice or should I give him a heads up in advance so they can find someone sooner to fill the position? I want them to get someone good, and I would be happy to train that person.  I feel I have a slight dilemma.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so excited that you guys will be closer & we can hang out! I think you should give your boss more notice, I think he'll appreciate.

Hksedwick said...

Jennie,
I am so jealous. You'll get to hang with the family...I am missing out big time. I was actually thinking the max time you should give your boss is one month. That is plenty long to find somebody. (Are you going to go back to that job when you go back to idaho?)

Jake and Jenny said...

OH come on!! Just say it.... You're excited to hang out with me!!! :) I personally am completely stoked for you to live near me again!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart is on cloud 9! Umm...I think you should tell your boss now...because if they have to find someone in a rush...they probably won't find someone good and you won't have much time to train them...just putting my two cents in, but it's up to you my dear! Gosh I love you!!!

Trent and Suzanne Bray said...

That is so exciting you will be coming back to Utah! We can play! I would give your boss more than the two weeks notice. You don't have to tell him now (you could if you wanted though) but you could wait a few weeks then tell him and say that you would like to help hire and train your replacement. He would appreciate it!