Monday, February 27, 2012

The Insanity- To work? OR Not to work?

Work is insane. Usually the winter months lead to lulls where you can surf the web or read magazines. It has been far from this in the apartment industry this winter. Today was another day of constant insanity... I won't complain too much because this means I get more people to move in which means I get a slightly bigger check.... Yippie

To work or not to work??? (Post Baby)
You tell me...
Here are the details: Jordan graduates in April and I have no idea what he is going to do for a job.... (do I just tell him I am staying home and expect him to get a job to support a family). I don't want to put extra stress on him and I can work if needed.

I love my job and my co-workers and would easily go back if needed.
I would really like to keep a dual income so we can buy a house.
What if not working means no more spending money... I like independence.
What if my baby cries a lot or if I am not good at taking care of him or if I lack the patience needed?
I am more productive the more I have going on... Will I suffer from laziness or depression if I am a stay at home mom?

What do I tell my co workers and boss... keep my job available for me but I don't promise I am coming back???

I would love to not work and play all day... craft projects, picnics, hang out by the pool, test recipes, walks, hiking, road trips, fly to VA to see my sister, Play dates with all of my girlfriends and their babies..... oh yeah and take care of baby (i almost forgot about that part).

HUH what to do????
For now I love my job and will enjoy the insanity of this warm winter.... Snow tonight may be a forcast for a slower day tomorrow. I kinda hope so because I already know the first 3 hours of tomorrow will be more insanity.

Let it be known I am VERY GRATEFUL for my job!!!!

5 comments:

Hksedwick said...

I started to type this big long comment. I am going to email you instead.

Brandon and Tabitha Manikowski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandon and Tabitha Manikowski said...

I think you will love staying home! Plus, I wanna do all those things listed above with you!

Rachel and Devin said...

You won't know how you feel and what you want to do until after you have your baby. You would have had to KILL me to make me work after my first baby....2nd baby came and I'm anxiously looking for a job.....which I want yours lol

Cynthia said...

You can make the decision to work or not after the baby gets here. My guess is you won't want to leave him for even a minute. Besides that, you are going to have to make time to file your long beautiful nails.....

I just love hearing all the comments that you first time moms make. Suzanne is cracking me up with hers. You just have no idea what to expect.