Thursday, May 29, 2008

Went Exploring

On Tuesday I decided to get out and go exploring, it was awesome. I had been looking at trail maps trying to decide where to go. I chose to go to Baldy's Landing, to get there I would pass Mud Lake. My favorite part of hiking, is coming to a stream, river, lake or waterfall. So I figured Mud Lake would be the place for me. It sure was muddy on the first half of the trail. I came to the lake it was beautiful with wild grass all around, little splashes of flowers made me smile. I also saw a duck glide across the Lake.
If you know me well you know that I have a connection with ducks. I think they are magnificent and I would be thoroughly pleased to be reincarnated as one.
I continued on the trail completely content and enjoying myself, a few miles further I reached snow. Luckily I brought my waterproof hiking boots. So I continued. For the most part I could walk on top of the snow, but every few steps I would sink to my knee in snow. After a little over an hour in the snow, I was realizing it was time for me to get back but I had yet to reach my destination, I hiked another 30 min. I thought I saw my destination so I began to run in the snow. I don't know if what I arrived at was really the destination but it was time for me to turn around. The way down was just as pretty as the way up. It was the highlight of my week.
When Jordan got home from work I was so excited to tell him about my adventures, unfortunately I was reprimanded for going alone. Apparently there are bears, creeps, and oppertunity for injury; all of which are defiantly threats but really who wants to stay in a motor home all day when there are beautiful mountains to be explored. I am struggling to find a hiking buddy, but I am working on it.

The following day, my new found hiking buddy bailed on me, so I was left alone again. I couldn't go hiking even though I researched what to do around bears. So I had to come up with something else and "27 Dresses" only lasted 2 hours, of the 12 hours that Jordan is at work. So I decided to go on a bike rid to the post office. Well, that ended up being the most beautiful 8 mile bike ride. Going to the post office was less than a mile so I continued on. I saw horses, cows, fields, and ranches. It was so beautiful just open country road. Then I got to the mountain and decided to follow a dirt road along the edge of the mountain. It was glorious. The trees and the cabins were awesome. I headed up another dirt road and camp to a pond so i hoped of my bike and sat on the dock, put my feet in the water and read my book. Now this definately made my week it was awesome.
As for Jordan, he is defiantly enjoying work, everyday he arrives home with stories about Ron, Ron, and Ron. Some of the guys he works with. I think all they do is tell stories and goof off. But he loves work and the people he is working with.

No comments: