Wednesday, June 6, 2012


THE NURSERY

The main thing I have been worried about throughout the last 9 months has been the nursery. This is an odd concept because you think I would be worried about being a mom or things that actually matter but the nursery took a good chunk of my mind.
For those who know me this seems quite strange because I have done very little decorating over the past couple years but decorating a nursery seemed very important. 

It came together so well, I am so proud of it. 

The whole reason it is cool is because of Jordan. He is my hero.
Jordan made the crib, it looks amazing, it took quite a bit of work but It is dear to us and will be used for all of our kids. 


We went with the theme of old cars. My mom is one of the most talented ladies in the whole world, she makes awesome quilts. The Found this fabulous fabric and made this adorable quilt for the nurery. It is so cute I just want to display it. 

She also made the changing pad to match everything, I wish I had taken a close up picture of it. It is adorable.
I wanted a cute theme for the nursery but something that would be a little different. 
So we based the theme off of these 2 pictures

Jordan took these pictures last year when we went to Mystic Hot Springs in Monroe, UT


  They had all these cool old buses that you can rent to stay in for the night.
SO COOL

The frames from the picture came from the factory Jordan's dad owns in Honduras. 

The dresser was a KSL Classifieds steal. Jordan made the knobs to match the crib.

My mom and I made the window valance with the help of a DIY website. 
The glider was given to us by Jordan's Parents.

What can I say this is our awesome nursery, Thanks to everyones hard work to make it come together so awesome for me I love spending time in there. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it!!!! Old cars is a darling idea. I think Trevor is jealous, he would love to live in an "old car" room.

Hksedwick said...

That is awesome...I am so glad you posted pictures.